Thursday, May 6, 2010

-- Silver Creek Model 8 Violin 4 4 Outfit



I purchased one of these violins three years ago and have been playing it daily since. It easily stands up to more expensive violins in quality, appearance and sound. Is it a world-class instrument? Of course not. But, I have looked into upgrading based on my improved abilities and in comparing it to much more expensive instruments I cannot justify the minor improvements vs the cost. I keep coming back to this violin. And, as with any violin the sound improves over time. You know when you are right on pitch, because this thing just resonates beautifully. The case, as previously noted is a very high-end design. Better violins do generally come with only one tuner on the high string -- this is not a defect. Tuning has never been a problem. I did eventually have to replace the bow, as it began to warp slightly after three years. I was ready for a better bow anyway. I highly recommend the Model 8, especially as a beginning instrument because it will serve you well for many years and not leave you disappointed or yearning for a better one until you are well advanced and ready for it.
(2 customers reviews )
Customers Rating=4.0 / 5.0

More Detail For Silver Creek Model 8 Violin 4 4 Outfit



    No comments: