Monday, April 12, 2010

@# Bangkok Dangerous Blu ray



I've always been fond of Cage's movies. The actor has a screen presence and manner that makes even poor material more interesting to watch. And he seemed to have been on a roll since finding National Treasure. Next was the standout surprise of the year for me and Knowing was very entertaining, despite the apparent exploitive indifferene of its director. The same is true of Cage's performance in Bangkok Dangerous; like all great actors, he makes the movie better than it would have been without him. And as such, it's really not a bad film; it just has a really cheap, poorly thought-out finale. I enjoyed the film up to the climax. But, the resolution, aside from being senseless and unimaginitive, left such a bad taste in my mouth that it virtually ruined all the fun I had up to that point.



I've kept the BD around all these months since, intent on giving the movie another chance in the hope that being better prepared will make me more foregiving. But so far, I haven't even been able to muster enough interest to give it that second look, favoring reruns of better all-around better films instead. It definitely should have been a rental instead of a blind-buy.
(71 customers reviews)
Customers Rating=3.0 / 5.0

More Detail For Bangkok Dangerous Blu ray


  • ISBN13: 0031398104483
  • Condition: NEW
  • Notes: Brand New from Publisher. No Remainder Mark.

No comments: