Saturday, April 24, 2010

#@: Art 21 Art in the Twenty First Century Season 5 Blu ray



I purchased the Bluray version a few months ago and was disappointed to find that it would not load - I tried it on recent Panasonic and a Sony bluray players, and in both cases, the TV showed "Loading" for a very long time, and I had to eject the disc or even power off the player to interrupt the process.



HOWEVER, some weeks later, after ordering a DVD version to replace the Bluray, I gave the bluray one last try. This time I just popped it in the player, and left it. I came back about 20 minutes later and the menu had appeared! I was then able to play all of the programs on the disc without problem or delay, and the picture looked stunning. I tried again on the other bluray player, and the same result - I had to wait for about 12-15 minutes for the menu to appear, and when it did, all was fine with playback.



There is obviously something not quite right here, but the disc is playable, and once you get past the ridiculous disc loading time, the experience of navigating and watching is very nice indeed. I did contact PBS before I made this discovery, alerting them to a problem with the disc - they stated that they had no record of any problem. So it seems like there is no effort being made to address the issue.



Perhaps it only affects some players. But we are now happy that this bluray we formerly thought was unplayable is in fact OK. I rate this disc highly for its content, with one star taken off because of the crazy load time.
(2 customers reviews)
Customers Rating=2.5 / 5.0

More Detail For Art 21 Art in the Twenty First Century Season 5 Blu ray


  • ISBN13: 0841887011259
  • Condition: NEW
  • Notes: Brand New from Publisher. No Remainder Mark.

No comments: