Saturday, May 8, 2010

!$ St. Elmo s Fire Blu ray



Though I was a teenager in the 80s, and college age when this film came out, this is the first time I've actually seen it. I'm partial to 80s stuff for nostalgic reasons, and this was an enjoyable movie to watch, even though I have almost nothing in common with any of the characters.



I liked the cast of actors, and like the idea of a story about young people making the transition to adulthood and the real world, but wow, some of these characters were really messed up! One thing I kept coming back to is how poorly college prepared these kids for real life - and this is sadly true in real life in a large number of instances.



One of the things that made the movie appealing is the friendship between the seven of them, although this got strained along the way. I had a lot of "good" friends, but nothing like what's portrayed in the film. I suspect that's true of many people. It makes the viewer like them because they like each other, if that makes sense. I think the suggestion in the end is that these guys would always be friends, but the reality is that most school friendships fade when people go different places and different ways. There's definitely some sentimental tugging of the heartstrings at work here, which is not a bad thing.



It's an interesting story, and pretty much on cue for the 80s. I can understand why many people like it.
(110 customers reviews)
Customers Rating=4.0 / 5.0

More Detail For St. Elmo s Fire Blu ray



    No comments: