Tuesday, May 11, 2010

++ Hotel for Dogs Blu ray



Maybe I'm taking this movie too seriously, however, the more I see it, the more I'm just not sure about it. Bruce and Andi are kids going through a hard time. They hate their foster family and have taken on a huge group of dogs and are hiding them in what becomes called the "Hotel for Dogs." Sounds fairly benign, I suppose. However, the lengths these kids go to in this movie to save these dogs seems a bit much. Breaking and entering and assault are only two of the crimes they commit (and belive me there is more done in this movie in the name of saving their "family") and it makes me wonder if we are making too light of what they do. I would feel horrible if I were these children, losing their dogs like that had to be heartbreaking, however, that their combined efforts brought them to the conclusion that it is acceptable to commit crimes and become felons, well...I had a hard time with that. As my child was watching I got to wondering what message we were sending to her regarding following the law, accepting things we truly cannot change, etc. Yes, it's a kids movie, and kids love dogs and kids may not view it as we do, but that's what bothers me the most. I don't know what she took away from that movie really. What lesson did she learn? Was it that doing whatever you want to get what you want is ok? Although there were other lessons offered, such as the strength of family, I'm not sure that is what she will take away from it. The other lesson was far to exciting and and much more obvious to a child, I think. As I said in the beginning, I'm just not sure about this one, and maybe you won't be either. If you want fluffy dogs for your kids to watch, try something else.
(66 customers reviews )
Customers Rating=4.5 / 5.0

More Detail For Hotel for Dogs Blu ray



    No comments: