Monday, May 10, 2010

#@: Lethal Weapon Blu ray



This has been and always will be one of my favourite movies. As one who can't seem to keep away from buddy cop films, I enjoy Lethal Weapon whenever I sit down for it. The plot may be slightly uninteresting and the music bordering on derelict, but the banter between Riggs and Murtaugh makes it all worthwhile, not to mention the beginning of a very awesome partnership.



On the blu-ray quality I can say there's not a huge improvement from the previous release, though it does look that extra bit better when played on a big screen than its fuzzier cousin the DVD. I would be happy with this copy except...



With the DVD director's cut, all the extra scenes were played within the film. In the blu-ray, they are isolated as special features. I happen to really like these scenes, especially the one with Riggs and the hooker, so not being able to see them in the flow of the movie grates on me. I would like the choice on which version I watch on a blu-ray. Surely it cannot be that hard.



I would give this film 5 stars, but in only playing as the theatrical version and with the lack of vast improvement on quality, it doesn't rate so well.
(104 customers reviews)
Customers Rating=4.5 / 5.0

More Detail For Lethal Weapon Blu ray


  • With over seven minutes of previously unavailable scenes, the director's cut of Lethal Weapon is a long-overdue present for fans. Riggs' solitary home life and the tragic loss spurring him in a reckless disregard for his own safety now come into greater focus. We see that recklessness is new scenes underlining the differences between the two cops. Murtaugh, just 50, needs reassurance about his ski

No comments: