Friday, May 7, 2010

$ Fist of Legend Blu ray



I've loved this movie since I was a kid and so I was stoked when I saw it was coming to BD. I just got it today and put it into the PS3. The movie's still as great as ever, both picture and audio. However the subtitles for the movie are horribly inaccurate. As a Cantonese speaker it feels as if the people the wrote the subtitles watched the movie on mute and were just guessing at what the actors were saying. So while I could get along fine with Chinese audio alone, I depend on the subtitles for the Japanese parts. Since the Chinese parts were so off I can only assume that the Japanese parts may well be too. I'm sure the subs would probably convey a cogent story, but just know that it may not be exactly the one the director intended it to. If it weren't for this I'd probably give it a 5 but since the subtitles are probably needed for the viewers who don't understand both Chinese and Japanese, 3 stars.
(27 customers reviews)
Customers Rating=4.5 / 5.0

More Detail For Fist of Legend Blu ray



    No comments: