Friday, April 16, 2010

#*# Puccini Turandot Blu ray



The Stage setting is elaborate enough for the opera. The sound is perfect. I have to admit that I needed to use the sub-tittles as I am not that familiar with the words or story yet.



I could see where at first one may not think that Marco as a beginning presents as Calaf. However, it does not take long for him to move into the part and not ham it up.



This is Puccini's final opera and I am impressed that he never lost steam. The story seems at first a conglomeration of myths. However it is well rounded and becomes a myth if its own. A nameless prince falls for a mysterious Chinese princes, Turandot (Maria Guleghina.) she smells good but has a nasty attitude. If you are inclined to marry her, you must first answer three questions. If you get them wrong, you will be beheaded.



The prince is ignorant of the fact the he is already loved. The princes did not intend to fulfill any promise. In addition, the bulk of the opera is songs sung about intentions.



I was afraid the then highpoint of the opera would be the song Nessun dorma! and the rest would be filler. I was wrong it is captivating from the beginning to end. Someone may thing that it was quickly rapped up. However, it was actually pretty much dictated by the speech from the soon to be dispatched LiĆ¹ (Alexia Voulgaridou - soprano) were she dictates the future.



I can listen to Alexia Voulgaridou signore Ascolta repeatedly.


(4 customers reviews)
Customers Rating=4.0 / 5.0

More Detail For Puccini Turandot Blu ray



    No comments: