Friday, April 16, 2010

!$ Justice League Crisis on Two Earths Blu ray



I'm not going to give this DC Title a glowing review. I'm a real fan of animation, but I think that this one really missed its mark. I'm a big fan of animation --you can see my other reviews and tell that for yourself. The voice acting was great, and the animation was excellent as well. The things that truly bothered me about this movie is that it felt like they were trying to do two stories at once and falling short. The Crime Syndicate story OR Crisis on Infinite Earths. Pick one and stick with it. After 30 years of reading DC comics, it just feels like the studios are really thinking too small when it comes to animated features. Each of these stories in their own right need to be told, but as they were written, not making things up and borrowing things from this story or the other.



That's what this feels like. I will say this --if I'd never read comics as a kid, then the movie wouldn't have bothered me at all. So if you're not a serious comic book fan, watch away. Even if you are a comic book fan, if you put aside your fanboyness for a little while, it was an entertaining movie. But after its over, I felt cheated of the story that I remember reading. I honestly wish that DC would stop letting studios re-write stories just to suit the production and make them stay true to the original plot. I don't mind it when they change things for the sake of different time periods like slang or dialog, but come on. There's a reason the story was popular enough to make into a movie --so stop messing with it!



That's really all I have to say. Again, if you're buying this for your kid, then by all means --I don't think they'll be disappointed. But if you're a DC aficionado like me, then you might want to skip this one if plot deviations upset you.
(103 customers reviews)
Customers Rating=4.0 / 5.0

More Detail For Justice League Crisis on Two Earths Blu ray



    No comments: