Wednesday, April 7, 2010

-- Don Giovanni Blu ray



This is the most completely satisfying video production of Don Giovanni I have encountered to date. Allow me first to assuage concerns regarding the sound on this Blu-Ray disc -- succinctly put, the LPCM 5.1 sound is impeccable. The singing, acting, conducting, design, stage direction, and video direction converge ideally with each other to create a jewel of operatic performance. The result is an as near perfect production of Don Giovanni as I have ever seen (N.B. The search for such a well-balanced production of Don Giovanni, either in live performance in opera houses around the world or in video productions from film to Beta to VHS to Laserdisc to DVD, has been the "Holy Grail" of my opera enjoyment for the past thirty years. I believe I have found it.) I am heartened to think that this production on Blu-Ray may provide newcomers to Mozart and opera in general with an elegant and superb indtroduction to both the composer and the medium.
(3 customers reviews)
Customers Rating=3.5 / 5.0

More Detail For Don Giovanni Blu ray



    No comments: