Sunday, May 2, 2010

#@: Living Landscapes Earthscapes Olympic Rainforest Blu ray



This is one of the best "environment" DVDs I've seen. It's as if you are on vacation and take a walk in a lush rainforest. As you walk down paths where there are no other people, stresses, or distractions. You get to see nature at its best. There is a soft, comforting sound of doves and other birds. The tropical foliage ripples in the wind, with the colors of green, gold, and a little bit of red, giving an almost surreal appearance. There are varying sizes of waterfalls, ponds, and streams, all surrounded with ferns and moss. The water is so clear you can see the pebbles on the bottom. You hear the soft rain falling on the pond, as the camera ever so slowly turns your gaze to focus on one exquisite view after another. You aren't in a hurry. You take all the time you want, and you go back whenever you wish.



I've visited a rain forest and would love to go back. For now though, this video is just right for my purposes. I have it on as I'm typing this review. Earlier I used it as background while I was reading, listening to the sounds of the water, glancing up from time to time to enjoy the view. The 'nature sounds only' option is very unobtrusive, with bird sounds so real I keep thinking they are outside my window. My dog even thought so and I have lots of nature videos that he never reacts to at all. There may be wildlife in there and I'll continue to look for some as I use the video to relax after a particularly stressful day. Just now I caught myself breathing more deeply, something I normally don't have "time" to do.



The best use I am getting from this video is blocking out the stresses of my regular routine and getting rid of unnecessary tension, something this video achieves in just a few short minutes. As a bonus, I'm also getting some great landscaping ideas for the water feature (small waterfall and large pond) in my back yard. That was a plus I hadn't expected.



Even though I tend to turn off the music by choosing the nature sounds only option, which is now available. I have used the music option as well, and it was very appropriate and a good option for times when you want music. I'm glad that choice is available.
(6 customers reviews)
Customers Rating=4.0 / 5.0

More Detail For Living Landscapes Earthscapes Olympic Rainforest Blu ray



    No comments: