Saturday, May 1, 2010

*$* Don Pasquale Blu ray



I listened to this Blu Ray for the second time yesterday, thinking I give it another try but I did not finish it. I am disappointed with the audio of this recording. I have never seen or heard Don Pasquale before, so I have no reference to compare it to, and I normally enjoy Florez, Raimondi and Widmer. But here I feel like hearing it from row 24 and under the balcony yet visually sit in row 1. No difference between stereo and surround recording. The singers are always too far away from the front mics and although you can see a mic on Florez, the audio engineer seems to have forgotten to turn it on. I have Bellini's Beatrice di Tenda and Strauss' Simplicius from the Zurich Opera House and they sound both a lot better than this. Strange how Decca can do an outstanding Barber of Seville and then this. The fact that the orchestra and the chorus are recorded somewhat better makes it even worse to listen to. Not recommended.
(16 customers reviews)
Customers Rating=3.5 / 5.0

More Detail For Don Pasquale Blu ray



    No comments: