Wednesday, April 14, 2010

@# Groundhog Day 15th Anniversary Special Edition Blu ray



This is my all-time favorite movie and, in my view, where Bill Murray is at his best (second best at the first Ghost Busters). It has even become a joke in our family to poke fun at each other with lines from GHD, like "Don't drive angry"! At first, I watched it for the fun. After all, only Bill Murray can make me laugh hard by just standing there and staring, either with a quizzical or an utterly blank look. But then I started seeing another side to the story, deeper, with a message. As I am no movie critic, I can only say that, in my humble view, the selfish, bitter, megalomanously egocentric character Bill Murray plays, suffers a radical transformation throughout the movie. The ones who have had the luck of seeing a butterfly come out of a cocoon will certainly forgive me for comparing the Phil of the beginning of the movie with an imprisoned larva, and the one at the end with the hesitantly delicate butterfly slowly coming out to the world. If that's not enough to make you watch the movie, read this review from Jonah Goldberg--certainly a much better writer: [...]
(396 customers reviews)
Customers Rating=4.5 / 5.0

More Detail For Groundhog Day 15th Anniversary Special Edition Blu ray



    No comments: