Wednesday, May 12, 2010

$ Brothers Five Blu ray Shaw Brothers



Good news! This disc is very close to perfect. I and other reviewers experienced some technical issues with the Delightful Forest blu-ray disc, but the Brothers Five blu-ray disc that I received today has no flaws that I can see on my initial viewing.



The colors are vibrant, the swordplay is flashy, and the detail is excellent as viewed on my Sony BDP-S370 and Hitachi 42HDS69 HDTV. Anything that was not perfect (lighting, darkness, no steadicam on long sweeping shots or zooms) was obviously there in the original film because it is all so crisp and clear. The picture is really beautiful. There were no artifacts or skips or stutters. Having watched these films in various incarnations over the years (theater, TV, videotape, dvd, and now blu-ray) I can honestly say they have never looked or sounded better.



I have seen a few comments about the subs and if that bothers you then you will probably not be pleased when a character's dialogue is rendered as "I want make a stab." Frankly, it's part of the whole experience for me so I have no problem with it. I should have continued studying Mandarin when I had the chance if I wanted to truly appreciate these films. And unlike the Delightful Forest blu-ray disc, there is no English dub for you to fall back on.



The prices on these recent releases from Well Go USA are great in my opinion. YMMV!



Next up this weekend - the Heroic Ones blu-ray disc. What a great time to be a fan of classic Shaw Brothers martial arts films!



The Delightful Forest (Shaw Brothers) (Blu-ray)

The Heroic Ones [Blu-ray]
(1 customers reviews )
Customers Rating=5.0 / 5.0

More Detail For Brothers Five Blu ray Shaw Brothers



    No comments: