Thursday, April 15, 2010

#$ Under Siege Blu ray



When I popped this Blu-Ray Disc in to watch, I find that it's high definition remastering is really not much better than my DVD version. I felt that it was not necessary to replace my DVD but I bought this Blu-Ray anyway because I got it for under $10. You know, my previous Samsung Progressive scan DVD player with the HDMI hook-up option, really made my old DVD's look better than my first DVD player. So, if your DVD player has the HDMI hook-up, you're going to find that replacing your DVD's with Blu-Ray may not impress you with any visual improvements. Although, I have discover that some Blu-Ray releases have shown a greater re-mastering effort, but only because the DVD version wasn't mastered very well in the first place. I've got some great looking DVD's. I don't think it will be necessary to replace them with Blu-Ray unless they sell for maybe $10 or less.



Anyway, this is a movie that I have on DVD that I thought would probably look better on Blu-ray Hi-Definition, but it was certainly not one of the first Blu-Ray discs that I ran out to buy. I made an expense vow that I plan to stick to. I will only replace my absolute favorite movies (which are about 60 of my 500+ movies) at any price under $30. But, anything else that I already have on DVD that's not incredibly fantastic, I will only buy the new Blu-ray version if it's $9.99 or less. I have to initiate a discipline for myself so I don't go wasting my money on replacing movies that I'll just watch again, once more maybe, and then have it just sit on my DVD shelf as a part of a proud collection that may never be watched again anytime soon.



I'm definitely going to be very selective of how I buy Blu-Ray discs. I've bought just 24 in the past year and I just bought my first Blu-Ray disc player. I just wasn't that anxious to buy a Blu-ray disc player although I know I've bought some Blu-Ray discs where I'd like to someday see a better quality picture of a film that I truly enjoy.. When I eventually bought about 24 Blu-Ray discs, I bought my first Blu-Ray disc player. But, I must maintain spending discipline on my Blu-Ray disc expenses! It's very important that I live this way for my movie library. Because, before you know it, they will eventually come out with something better than Blu-ray, like 1500p resolution. You know, that's not too far-fetched to imagine. Blu-Ray is simply not the end to improved video quality. I hope you all know that.


(97 customers reviews)
Customers Rating=4.0 / 5.0

More Detail For Under Siege Blu ray


  • It's not a job. It's an adventure! Steven Seagal comes aboard and comes on strong, combining humor and heroics in a fireball of a movie.The excitement starts when the USS Missouri welcomes aboard musicians and caterers set to provide entertainment during the famed battleship's last voyage. The visitors throw a party, all right. A war party. Led by a rogue CIA operative (JFK's Tommy Lee Jones) and

No comments: