Friday, April 9, 2010

$*$ Ghost in the Shell 2.0 Blu ray



I am reviewing the DVD release, so I won't comment on Blu-Ray picture quality. As noted by others, the changes to the original film are not earth-shattering, and they aren't all improvements.



New computer generated 3D animation is substituted for some of the old cell animation. But the transitions are jarring. The change is hard to justify. The old animation was good, and the style was more or less consistent.



I personally think the English dubbing should have been re-done. Just something about the Major's voice has always been a little too deadpan. But basically the same old voice tracks are used.



The color of the whole film is shifted toward sepia. Everything is more washed-out and more brown than before. It doesn't look good to me.



I bought the 12" laserdisc of GITS when it came out. The first DVD release of GITS was quite good. Maybe you will prefer 2.0, but for me it is change for change's sake. The film is worth multiple viewings, but I'll stick with 1.0, thank you.
(37 customers reviews)
Customers Rating=4.0 / 5.0

More Detail For Ghost in the Shell 2.0 Blu ray


  • GHOST IN THE SHELL 2.0 BLU-RAY (BLU-RAY DISC)

No comments: