Friday, April 9, 2010

@# Claim Blu Ray



Let's face it. We bought this particular ski movie becuase it's one of the few Blu-ray ski movies. Just like most "HD" content, it is watered down or not HD at all. I would have to say that at the very most, 30% of this movie was actually shot with HD cameras. By HD, I mean 1080i/p. Most of the actual HD shots are interview style shots. Very few actual HD action shots, but the ones that are are very sharp. When it's HD, you can just tell because it really POPS.



It's just like cable and dish. They just cannot or will not deliver REAL HD content for whatever practical, logistical, or financial reason. HD Theater and History HD really pop, but most of the commercials are very noticably shot in standard definition. You can display it in HD, but if it's not recorded/shot in HD, why bother?



Real HD content is sparse. When I got my HDTV, I found myself watching things I would never watch just because they were in HD. Now I just watch what I find entertaining, and most of it is not HD. I'm still waiting for the justification for my HDTV purchase.
(5 customers reviews)
Customers Rating=4.5 / 5.0

More Detail For Claim Blu Ray


  • SKIING:CLAIM (BLU-RAY DISC)

No comments: