Wednesday, April 28, 2010

#$ Freedom Blu ray



Dennis pretty much has everything covered in his extensive review. Just here to say it now one of my favorite Anime titles ever after (arrived today and I just finished it...). Viewed it with the English audio track to not worry about missing visuals while reading subtitles. It is a really well done English dubb. I don't agree with Alejandro's opinion, to me the story actually draws me more in than the visuals. Great sense of friendship and adventure is established and the humor works well. This series has a soul and great feel to it.



With that said, the visuals and audio ARE awesome. Picture is georgeous from my 720P HD projector on a 92" screen and the Dolby True HD soundtrack through my 5.2 HT system was mostly impressive - especially the racing and launch scenes (combination Formula 1 sound with futuristic power plant screaming along nearly brought tears to my eyes and the lauch scenes had some great punch - vibrating the room very well.) Ambient sounds were ok but not spectacular, nowhere near what 5 Centimeters per Second has.



All together it is a title I would highly recommend to anyone; it's one of the best anime titles I've seen. Here's my favorite anime list of the last decade for reference in what I like and find really enjoyable to watch:



1. 5 Centimeters per Second

2. Freedom

3. Ergo Proxy

4. Solty Rei

5. The Girl Who Leapt Through Time

6. Yukikaze

7. Flag

8. Noein

9. Canaan

10.Initial D, 4th Stage (Project D)



How I rate Freedom Blu-Ray collection:

Story - 9 out of 10

Visuals - 9 out of 10

Audio - 8 out of 10

Overall HT viewing exerience - 9 out of 10
(5 customers reviews)
Customers Rating=4.5 / 5.0

More Detail For Freedom Blu ray


  • In the 23rd Century, mankind has fled earth and emigrated to the moon. The last outpost of civilization is the Lunar Republic of Eden, where the omnipresent Citizens Administration Council grants residents everything they need. except their freedom. Format: BLU-RAY DISC Genre: ANIMATION Rating: 13+ Age: 669198620003 UPC: 669198620003 Manufacturer No: 62000

No comments: